Ross School

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spices and Stonetown

We had a very full day yesterday as we left Nungwi early and visited a
cave where slavetraders kept slave bound fir the east after the slave
trade was abolished. Then we went on a tour of a spice plantation (who
knew nutmeg looked so weirdon the wild?) and then drove into
Stonetown, we split into two groups and took an almost three hour
walking tour of the city. I don't want to write too much since Taylor
and True have agreed to recount these episodes. Let's just sat we
ended the day by eating large quantities of very good and very cheap
food.

We leave for the mainland this afternoon and we will be camping out
for our last four nights here ("What do you mean by camping?" Arielle
keeps asking) and I think our connectivity may be nonexistent so I'll
do what I can but we will see you all soon. This had been an amazing
adventureso far and now we get to see some animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ross School